To coincide with World Environment Day on 5th June, we have put together some top tips for teaching kids about sustainability.
1. Lead by example. Make sure you throw your empty water bottle into the recycling bin!
2. Make lessons appealing – never under-estimate the value of videos/music to grab attention.
3. Get the kids involved - a cottage garden, a worm farm, chickens etc!...
4. Brainstorm – let the kids imaginations run wild to help achieve eco-sustainability.
5. Remember you are what you eat. Get your students to realise the importance of reading labels and to know exactly what is inside our food.
6. For younger students a fantastic book to start them on the road to sustainability and environment is The Lorax by Dr Seuss.
“Way back in the days when the grass was still green and the pond was still wet and the clouds were still clean” Dr Seuss
Check out the following link for all you need to know about Sustainability in your Classroom!
http://www.coolaustralia.org/take-action/sustainability-in-your-class-all-you-need-to-know/ See More